Guidelines for Fostering and Agreement
The Foster Home serves as a safe and comfortable environment for the rescue animals and allows us to get to know the rescued animal before it is placed in a permanent home. This agreement applies to any and all dogs placed in foster(s) care, whether property of Maricopa County Animal Care & Control (“MCAC”) or One Love Pit Bull Foundation (“OLPBF”), including but not limited to, the dogs listed above.
The Foster Home will make an effort to assess the rescue animal. Please keep track of your findings in the following areas:
-General Health coat condition, skin problems weight loss or gain, coughing or sneezing etc.
-Behavior is the animal house broken or knows basic commands? Does the animal chew or nip? Get along with kids, cats and dogs? What is the animal’s energy level?
-Temperament Is the animal friendly, withdrawn or easily frightened? How does the animal respond to you?
1. All animals placed in foster care should be crated when not directly supervised. This should continue until the Foster Home can make a confident evaluation of the animal’s temperament and behavior. The new foster dog should be isolated from other animals for a 14 day period in case of illnesses. One Love Pit Bull Foundation will supply a crate if needed.
2. If, upon arrival, the Foster Home suspects that the animal may be aggressive, the Foster Home is to immediately contact One Love, who will help with animal assessment.
3. One Love Pit Bull Foundation will not be responsible for any damage caused by the foster animal, whether damage is to personal property or to another animal (including illnesses transmitted by a One Love Pit Bull Foundation and/or MCAC dog). You understand that there are risks associated with bringing a rescued dog into your home and it is very common for shelter pets to become exposed to kennel cough, parvo and distemper while in the shelter system. These diseases are easily transmitted, which is why we require separation from your personal pets for a 14 day period. One Love Pit Bull Foundation is not responsible for vet bills incurred by you for your personal dogs or cats. You must agree to provide healthy, sanitary, stable, loving and safe environment for the rescue animal; preferably until the animal is adopted into it’s permanent home.
4. While there is no established time parameter an animal will be in foster care the Foster Home should notify One Love Pit Bull Foundation regarding vacations or any break or termination of the foster agreement. Under no circumstances should the animal be transferred to any 3rd party caretaker.
5. The foster home should contact One Love Pit Bull Foundation if any medical treatment is needed for the animal. In case of a medical emergency occurring after hours, please contact One Love and take the animal to the closest emergency animal clinic.
6. Upon request, One Love Pit Bull Foundation will provide food for the animal, or you may supply your own premium pet food, while the animal is in foster care.
7. Any medical or behavioral problems that are seen in the rescue animal should be reported to One Love as soon as possible.
8. One Love Pit Bull Foundation reserves the right to evaluate the living conditions of the animal at any time. By signing below you agree to surrender the animal if said conditions are not found to be satisfactory.
9. You are not to sell, trade, abandon, or dispose of the One Love Pit Bull Foundation/MCAC foster animal in any way. You must immediately notify One Love Pit Bull Foundation if you cannot keep this animal as a foster. Under no circumstances should the animal be transferred to any 3rd party caretaker.
10. One Love Pit Bull Foundation will determine with the foster home when the animal is ready to be adopted.
11. The foster home understands that this is not an adoption and the animal is property of One Love Pit Bull Foundation or Maricopa County Animal Care & Control. Should the Foster Home wish to adopt the animal, they will have to do it separately and go through the established procedures.
12. I acknowledge that there are many risks associated with being around animals, including risk of being bitten, scratched, jumped on, knocked over, chased, tripped, infected with a disease, injured or frightened, and I voluntarily assume such risks on behalf of myself, my children, my personal pets and my guests. Despite my knowledge of these risks, and despite the fact that I understand that these risks might arise out of negligent handling of animals by One Love Pit Bull Foundation, its members, directors, or officers, I have voluntarily agreed to participate in the One Love Pit Bull Foundation foster program, and fully accept the risks that go along with that participation. With these risks in mind, I agree to waive, release, and covenant not to sue over any and all rights or claims for damages or personal injury which I, my children, or my guests might sustain as a result of participating in the foster process, even though such rights or claims might arise out of the negligence of One Love Pit Bull Foundation, it’s members, directors, or officers.
The waiver is binding upon my children, family members, my guests and myself. I agree to inform my guests of the existence and contents of this waiver.